Episode 81 of The Independent Characters takes a look at the Deathwatch RPG by Fantasy Flight Games. Deathwatch is a roleplaying game in which you take on the role of a member of the Adeptus Astartes – the devout, bio-engineered super-soldiers also known as Space Marines. After many years of exemplary service within your own chapter, you have been singled out and selected to join one of the most unique and specialized collectives of Space Marines – the Deathwatch.
We have played the game and will let you know our thought around how it runs and feels, and the differences between this and our previous experience with the Dark Heresy game and system. Thanks to our friend Chad who has a lot of experience with the system and took the time to help us put it through its paces!
This ties in nicely with our upcoming interview of Steve Parker (in Episode 82). Black library author of the recent novel titled Deathwatch as well. Which happens to be our current Forbidden Lore subject novel!
Additionally, we have an interview with Robert Pace, organizer of The Golden Throne GT in California, that helps us close out our show. There are a lot of exciting ideas he is proposing for his tournament which may appeal to you!
We hope you enjoy!
- 0:00:00 - Show Intro
- 0:07:10 - Workbench and Games Played
- 0:55:05 - Deathwatch RPG - Part 1
- 1:50:35 - Deathwatch RPG - Part 2
- 2:27:55 - The Golden Throne GT Interview with Robert Pace
- 2:44:55 - Final Thoughts and Show Closing
- KR Multicase - SPONSOR
- Secret Weapon Miniatures! - SPONSOR
- Smells Like Wargaming - SPONSOR
- The Brush and Bolter - SPONSOR
- Spruehammer - SPONSOR
- Wargamma - SPONSOR
- Stingers articles on running military themed RPGs - Part 1
- Stingers articles on running military themed RPGs - Part 2
- Deathwatch Character Generator
- Celesticon Game Convention
- Forge World
- Games Workshop
- The Black Library
- Endgame Oakland
- Frontline Gaming
- NOVA Open
- Eternal Crusade MMO
We recommend downloading the episode as opposed to listening through the site. We seem to hit some type of process limit on days we release the episode, but it only affects people listening from the site directly.[podcast]http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.theindependentcharacters.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/The_ICs_Episode_81.mp3[/podcast]