The game has been changing. The introduction of 6th edition has been met with quite a lot of criticism from the tournament scene over the last year. The fast changing release of codexes and codex expansions is quickly changing the face of the game, preventing any one build or codex from maintaining a lead over another for long.
We explore the impact of how this is changing not only the tournament scene, but how this is having an impact on purchasing models & armies for non-tournament gamers, as well as how it is effecting retailers.
We also take an in depth look at the new Imperial Armour Apocalypse released by Forge World as well as the new release of Apocalypse Warzone: Damnos by Games-Workshop.
Not only that, we have an interesting interview for you from Erasmus, the driving force behind the video The Lord Inquisitor, which has the blessing of Games Workshop and the participation of Aaron Dembski-Bowden.
So sit back. Relax. And enjoy Episode 85 of The Independent Characters.
- 0:00:00 - Show Intro
- 0:05:00 - Workbench and Games Played
- 0:46:20 - Rapid Release Schedule Discussion
- 1:49:00 - Imperial Armour Apocalypse
- 2:18:00 - Interview with The Lord Inquisitor
- 2:46:00 - Show Closing and Final Thoughts
- KR Multicase - SPONSOR
- Secret Weapon Miniatures! - SPONSOR
- Smells Like Wargaming - SPONSOR
- The Brush and Bolter - SPONSOR
- Spruehammer - SPONSOR
- Wargamma - SPONSOR
- Celesticon Game Convention
- Kanban Flow - Project Organization Tool
- Forge World
- Games Workshop
- The Black Library
We recommend downloading the episode as opposed to listening through the site. We seem to hit some type of process limit on days we release the episode, but it only affects people listening from the site directly.[podcast]http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.theindependentcharacters.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/The_ICs_Episode_85.mp3[/podcast]