Episode 101 of The Independent Characters focuses on Forge Worlds latest release, Horus Heresy 3: Extermination! This is part one of our two part coverage of the latest amazing book, and conclusion of the Istvaan Trilogy.
In this episode, we go into depth about the lore surrounding Horus Heresy 3. This includes what happens immediately after the events of Massacre and other actions that take place in the neighboring systems. We then discuss the four Space Marine Legions represented in this book. Talking about their history, their disposition of forces during the Horus Heresy and some eximplary battles they have taken part in.
Geoff joins Carl for this episode and we will find out if he has completed any hobby progress in the intervening time since Episode 100 as well...
We also have an interview with Justin Tan of Arcane Factories about their Kickstarter project which is halfway through its cycle at the time of this release. For some reason audio quality for calls to Canada really suffers when doing these Skype calls. So we have tried to clean it up as much as possible. Please bear with the audio here as Justin has some information which may be of interest to 40k player, and in particular Sisters of Battle players!
We hope you enjoy this episode!
- 0:00:00 - Show Intro and host introduction
- 0:04:00 - Workbench and Games Played
- 0:31:30 - Horus Heresy 3: Background and Theaters of War
- 1:31:40 - Horus Heresy 3: Legion Discussion
- 2:43:00 - Interview with Justin Tam of Arcane Factories
- 2:56:00 - Final Thoughts and Show Closing
- KR Multicase - SPONSOR
- Secret Weapon Miniatures! - SPONSOR
- Smells Like Wargaming - SPONSOR
- Spruehammer - SPONSOR
- Wargamma - SPONSOR
- Arcane Factories
- 2014 Hobby Progress Challenge
- Forge World
- Games Workshop
- The Black Library
Direct Download can be found here: