View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Winners and Losers of 7th edition 

Post Winners and Losers of 7th edition
So, as we all start to get some games under our belts, I think we will notice a shake up in how each army preforms in 7th edition. Some will do better (cough...daemons...cough), some will probably suffer, for now. My blog is going to try to do an article series on how the armies we play with have fared with the change in editions. Here is the first:

http://twentyfirstlegion.com/2014/06/03 ... e-marines/

What do you guys think? Seeing any changes in army performances yet?

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:14 am

Post Re: Winners and Losers of 7th edition
I was talking about the combat squading/Obj secured with a friend today and thought do we still want to combat squad our tac marines??? Yes it allows us take more objectives but if you at it this way those two objectives are guarded by 10 marines with both special and heavy weapon and in most cases a rhino. Against a 12 man tau fire team with a cadre fire blade that could be huge 3-4 survive a round of shooting most likely he/she won't charge you then next turn you have a chance to get a stronger unit to help with that fire team. Sorry if it sounds like a rambled

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:49 pm
IC Staff

Big, expensive, shooty units are actually the best reason to Combat Squad your marines. Barring Split Fire, the most marines they can kill with a single unit is 5.

I love how my Space Marine list worked in 6th and I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE it in 7th.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

Post Winners and Losers of 7th edition
Loopy wrote:
Big, expensive, shooty units are actually the best reason to Combat Squad your marines. Barring Split Fire, the most marines they can kill with a single unit is 5.

I love how my Space Marine list worked in 6th and I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE it in 7th.

Don't get me wrong I do find CS having its uses but this past edition I found my self CS gaining objectives then most armies *cough tau cough* sitting back blasting 1 squad with a riptide then the other 3 with ether broadsides or another riptide. Also for clarification I usually run with 2 tac marine squads & 1500 and lower.

I'm thinking that my tac marines will survive more if they are able to soak up some hits and still be able to hold the objective even with a 50% loss.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:15 pm
IC Staff

GAH!

I split the thread then broke it! NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here ya go:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7237&p=86904#p86904

LOL. Sorry!

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:31 pm
Profile WWW

Here is one of the other bloggers opinion on eldar:
http://twentyfirstlegion.com/2014/06/04 ... ion-eldar/

In terms of combat squading, I think it depends on the mission. If there are 4 or 5 objectives, then I may combat squad my guys. Also depends on how many tactical squads you bring. If you only bring two, I would definitely combat squad

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:00 am

The_Nord wrote:
Here is one of the other bloggers opinion on eldar:
http://twentyfirstlegion.com/2014/06/04 ... ion-eldar/

In terms of combat squading, I think it depends on the mission. If there are 4 or 5 objectives, then I may combat squad my guys. Also depends on how many tactical squads you bring. If you only bring two, I would definitely combat squad

I find it difficult to read an analysis of Eldar stack ranking in 7th edition as opposed to 6th without even a mention of Wave Serpents. :)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:21 am
Profile YIM

Skars, check back for part 2, should be up tomorrow. Your wave serpent issues are addressed there.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Part 2 of the eldar article is up. I also have a tau article up.

http://twentyfirstlegion.com/2014/06/05 ... ition-tau/

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:50 am

When you have Imperial Knights' battlecannon, and the Imperial Guard Wyvern- combat squads don't work so well any more. I faced an Imperial Guard / Dark Angels army, a Demon of Nurgle army, and a Sisters of Battle / Imperial Knight army at a tournament yesterday. I was playing Dark Angels. I got tabled by the IG and the Sisters. The 2 units mentioned at the beginning were the winning factor in those games. The battlecannon ate 2 combat squads, and a devestator squad. The Knight accounted for 9 terminators, a Deathwing Dreadnought, and a Deathwing Landraider. Neither enemy unit had so much as a scratch. The middle game against Nurgle ended before I was tabled... but just.

Only the demon army used psychics. Having 2 psychers able to cast buffs making it very hard to kill any of his units contributed to my loss substantially.

I, unfortunately, didn't take any psychers. I built my army based on the idea of taking as many objectives as I could and holding them- maximum troops. I had 4 scoring units in a 1750 army. In the Nurgle game I had 1 objective only because he couldn't get to it before the end of the game. He held all the others. In the other games, I had no objectives because I had no units.

Since we now have an Imperial Knights army, I want to know when we're going to have an Imperial Navy army. Think of it- 1750 points of flyers... Simply nominate 1 flyer as your HQ and the others are troops or whatever. Why not... it'll sell a bunch of models for GW.

Thanks, but no thanks... I'm done with 7th.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next