It's that time of the edition again...

General Discussion about Warhammer 40k that doesn't fit into any other category.

Are you picking up any of the new Marine stuff during this release?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Yep. At very least grabbing an assault and/or devastator squad
36%
Only if they surprise me with something new, but I'm not picking up anything I already have
29%
No! Death to the false emperor!
36%

Total votes: 14

frutescent

It's that time of the edition again...

Postby frutescent » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:34 pm

This time in every edition is akin to Christmas for most 40k players (except that we have to buy all of our own gifts and we're probably spending less time with loved ones as we assemble and paint all of our new goodies). That's right; it's time for Space Marines.

I hear a lot of complaining online and in my local games stores that GW focuses too much on Marines and that they should put more energy into some of the other races, but we all know that deep down inside even the most vocal complainer is at least a little excited for more power armour. Marines are what got most of us into the hobby and, even if we have moved on to other projects, I'd wager we all still have a soft spot for them.

Today I'm dropping by my local GW to pick up an assault squad and put in my orders for next week. This is for a Salamanders army to hang out with my Dark Angels and lament the relative difficulty of being green. What about the rest of you? Who else has been brainwashed by our hobby masters into thinking they need more power armour?

Grots Life

Re: It's that time of the edition again...

Postby Grots Life » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:19 pm

Anything the imperials put out can be looted and made better.

Gigantor

Postby Gigantor » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Yeah I've got a hard on for power armour. I'm starting work on my 5th marine army and the other 4 are 2k-6k in size. I think the next upgrade sprues are pushing me in the direction of Ultramarines as well.

Yes it's frustrating that they put so much into the Marine kits, but they're their biggest seller. Between Vanilla, DAngels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and FW chapters there are so many uses for the kits, and chaos can pervert anything. It's the strangest thing that a company would support a product line that sells well... very strange.

/rant
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

cicero

Postby cicero » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Oh yes. I will be getting 10 assault marines to round out my battle company. And the devastator box, because I want some tactical squads scouting in rhinos with full grav + grav cannon loadout. :) very raven guard, much scout, so graviton. ;)

Also an enormous book full of juicy formations has me plenty excited.
Cicero wrote:My only regret is that I have but one itunes review to give.

2015 HPC Wrack & RuinIron Warriors

Adan
IC Staff

Postby Adan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:07 pm

I'll probably by the Devs if they have Grav Cannons/Amps. But other than that, no. I have a metric ton of marines already... and entire Chapter's worth in fact... ;)
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

cicero

Postby cicero » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Adan wrote:I'll probably by the Devs if they have Grav Cannons/Amps. But other than that, no. I have a metric ton of marines already... and entire Chapter's worth in fact... ;)

I saw a picture! It's going to be a thing.

I wonder if we will see them on landspeeders/attack bikes as well...
Cicero wrote:My only regret is that I have but one itunes review to give.

2015 HPC Wrack & RuinIron Warriors

Adan
IC Staff

Postby Adan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:47 pm

cicero wrote:I wonder if we will see them on landspeeders/attack bikes as well...

That would just be sick and wrong.... and i would have all of them.

[MOD]
[/MOD]

Incarnet

Postby Incarnet » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:10 pm

I am going to buy two Devestator squads and probably an assault squad. I would really like to buy more assault squads, despite forhead man's terrifying visage, but it seems unlikely that they would get used.

It looks like people are really stoked for the grav weapons as well so I will probably ebay those. It will be the first time I have sold any of my models or parts of models but I am unlikely to ever use them.

I have seriously mixed feelings about the codex. I will probably buy it but feel certain it will derail my marine army and cause a sudden army switch to one of my other projects.

Gigantor wrote:It's the strangest thing that a company would support a product line that sells well... very strange.
/rant

That's a bit of a "chicken or the egg" (editors note: that is actually a solvable question provided you accept evolution) problem. Are the Marines so popular because they are the best supported or did their popularity cause their support?

Adan
IC Staff

Postby Adan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Incarnet wrote:It looks like people are really stoked for the grav weapons as well so I will probably ebay those. It will be the first time I have sold any of my models or parts of models but I am unlikely to ever use them.

Hit me up before you eBay them... 8-)

[MOD]
[/MOD]

Fomite

Postby Fomite » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:42 pm

I'll likely pick up the codex, and perhaps a Space Wolves upgrade kit.

Return to “40k General”