Canadian Representation

Say hello and tell us where you are from. You can also find the rules of The IC Forums here.
Tinker

Canadian Representation

Postby Tinker » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:12 am

Hello everyone. I've been playing casual 40k with a friend of mine and really want to branch out my gaming experience. In trying to do that I discovered the independent characters and have really been enjoying listening to their older podcasts. I'm slowly catching up with the current casts, but it will be a while yet. I am most inspired by their hobby talk and hope to share my own progress as I learn to model, paint and convert my miniatures.

Until then, I might just be lurking a bit. Thanks for providing such a useful resource and community.

cvtuttle
IC Staff

Canadian Representation

Postby cvtuttle » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:55 am

Welcome! Can I ask how you found the show originally?
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

Adan
IC Staff

Re: Canadian Representation

Postby Adan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Welcome!! What army are you starting out with? How did you decide on that?

I think you'll find a very good community of folks here, so feel free to jump right in.

If you don't mind letting us know what state/country you are in and the name of your club/store, I'll add you to our Player Locator.

HAVE FUN!!
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:10 am

Thanks for the welcome.

In response to your questions:

1. I found the podcast on iTunes (I plan on leaving a 5 star review any day now) just by searching Warhammer 40k. I am a cell biology grad student and I was looking for something to listen to while I took pictures on the microscope. It has been inspiring!

2. I have started with a Tyranid army, which has been challenging but tons of fun. I chose it mostly for the aesthetic and then learned to codex later. I really enjoy any ideas you have thrown out for strategies to play 'nids. I am lucky that my most frequent opponent is totally willing to let me proxy whatever unit I want for our home games so I have been able to play nearly every unit available. My actual army is far less diverse but growing.

I am thinking of getting into Tau again for aesthetic reasons. The show has inspired me with some overly ambitious modeling and painting aspirations which I want to unleash on the Tau. That will be a slow burn project with 'nids being my primary force.

3. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and my local store is the local GW store at Kingsway Mall. I have not found another hobby store yet, but the guys there are generally nice.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Adan
IC Staff

Postby Adan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:34 am

Tinker wrote:3. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and my local store is the local GW store at Kingsway Mall. I have not found another hobby store yet, but the guys there are generally nice.

Added!
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Return to “Roll Call & Forum Rules”