View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hello from NW Indiana/South Chicago 

Post Hello from NW Indiana/South Chicago
Hello from NW Indiana/South Chicago!

I'm a GW gamer from all the way back in the Man O War days, and I'm a big fan of 40k, Necromunda, and Blood Bowl.

I really, REALLY like to paint, and I actually netted myself a Golden Daemon back in 2003 (Baltimore battle scene) so was considered fairly competent once-upon-a-time. I did drop out of the scene for a good number of years though and just recently started up again when the Space Marine video game came out, so I'm kind of playing catch-up with all of the advances in painting techniques and tricks and such since then.

I'm currently building a new ork army for myself as well as an Ultramines army for one of my boys. I've also coached my oldest through building and painting an impressive Iron Warriors force with a Khorne bent to it, and he's now hard at work making a traitor IG list to go along with it.

I've been listening to the IC podcast for a couple of months now, starting somewhere around episode 30 and working my way current. I'm still a few episodes behind (I listened to the Golden Thronie outtakes last night, ROFLROFLROFL), but I've been loving every minute of it. I've found that it has really inspired me to work on my hobby and I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't find this before the hobby challenge as I totally would have jumped into all of that.

Anyway, I've been lurking the site for a week or so now and figured it was time to post something. So, here I am!

Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 am
IC Staff

Post Re: Hello from NW Indiana/South Chicago
Well thanks for joining us! How did you come across the show?

Tue May 29, 2012 10:46 am
Profile YIM WWW

Honestly, I downloaded a few episodes of a handful of 40k-related podcasts almost at random as I needed something to listen to during some long car trips I had to make. I hoped that I'd find something good in the bunch to listen to and I didn't really have the time to preview or skim through any of them before I left the house. Your show was the best out of the bunch, and was exactly what I was hoping to find in a 40k show. So, I've been listening to you ever since.

Tue May 29, 2012 11:55 am
IC Staff

Post Hello from NW Indiana/South Chicago
Thanks!

Tue May 29, 2012 2:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
IC Staff

Welcome to the forums! It's great to enjoy the hobby with your kids. We'd love to see pictures of the armies.

I was just up in your neck of the woods in April. We were visiting Northwestern University and University of Indiana (Bloomington).

I've added you to the Player Locator.

HAVE FUN!!

Tue May 29, 2012 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]